- OPDs are conducted on working days except Sundays and Public Holidays. However, 24 hours emergency services are provided on all days.
- Routine O.P.D and Registration timings are from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m., O.P.D. Registration for new cases from 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
- Every patient seeking treatment at IPHB is registered and issued a card, indicating his/her name and registration number. The patient has to pay Rs.20/- as registration fee except in medico legal cases (e.g. prisoners brought by the police, patients referred with Magistrate Order and patients brought from Apna Ghar).
- Select medicines are provided free of cost to patients attending the OPD.
- All patients needing hospitalization are admitted as per provisions of the Mental Health Act 1987
- All medicines are provided free of cost to in-patients.
- Free diet is provided to all the patients admitted in the hospital.
- Visitors are allowed only at notified visiting hours i.e. 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. No male visitors are allowed to see female patients after 8.00 p.m. unless permitted by the doctor in charge.
*FEES ARE CHARGED WHERE APPLICABLE AS NOTIFIED BY THE GOVERNMENT FROM TIME TO TIME.
- For indoor patients there is an Occupational Therapy (O.T.) Unit and rehabilitation Services are provided.
- There are separate male and female Occupational Therapy Units at IPHB working from 10.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M. and then from 2.30 P.M. to 4.30 P.M.
- In the male unit the activities provided for the patient are :- Prayer, Exercise, Indoor Games (Carom, Snake and Ladder, Chess), Seashell and Coconut Shell activities, Wood Carving, Glass Painting, Canning of Chairs, Candle making, Paper Flowers, Gardening, Printing Press activities, etc.
- The Female O.T. has following activities:- Prayer, Exercises, Indoor Games (Carom, Snake and Ladder, Chess), Flowers making from beads, Stockings, paper, soap and other material, Stitching, Crotchet Work, Hand Embroidery, Canning of Chairs, etc.
- The patients are paid by way of Token Economy for the work done in the O.T. Unit.
Specialized services are offered by doctors from Goa Medical College and Hospital, as and when necessary through Liaison services. Institute of Psychiatry & Human Behaviour (IPHB) extends Liaison services to the patients from Goa Medical College as and when required.
- Child and Adolescent clinic is conducted on every Monday and Thursday from 2.30 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. at IPHB.
- De-addiction Clinic is conducted at IPHB on every Wednesday from 2.30 p.m. to 5.00p.m.
- Memory Clinic every day from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. is conducted at IPHB.
Extension Clinics at the following places are attended by the IPHB doctors
|1.||Old age home, Chimbel||1st Tuesday & 4th Tuesday||2.30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.|
|2.||Urban Health Centre, St. Cruz||2nd Tuesday & 4th Tuesday||2.30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.|
|3.||Modern Central Jail , Colvale||4th Friday||2.30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.|
|4.||Primary Health Centre, Mandur||3rd Tuesday||2.30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.|
|5.||Apna Ghar, Merces, Goa.||Every Tuesday||2.30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.|
- Laboratory facilities are available from 9.00 to 1.00 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday and 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Pathology and Biochemical investigations are conducted at the IPHB Laboratory.
- Emergency Services are attended round the clock on all days
- Doctors on duty are available round the clock.
- Patients are referred to specialist doctors of Goa Medical College, Goa Dental College as and when required.
IPHB is a tertiary care Psychiatric Hospital and provides quality psychiatric services to all patients who come to IPHB.